Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

OOTD: Monsoon 'Glasshouse' dress

This is a super quick post to share my outfit from a wedding I went to this weekend. I bought this dress a while back and was really hoping for nice summery weather so I could wear it and not look a bit daft! I'm pleased to say the weather was good to me (and more importantly the Bride and Groom!).

This dress is from Monsoon and was love at first sight! The bodice is pleated and the skirt kicks out at the hips and has a lovely net underskirt, it falls into the category 'poofy' without a doubt! Plus this dress is amazing for dancing as it swishes. This is a size 22 with no stretch- in past seasons something so fitted at the waist wouldn't have fitted me I reckon the fit on this is generous so it really is worth trying stuff on. The only fault with this dress (and I'm nit picking) is the waist was just a tiny bit high and I kept tugging it down a little (no doubt my chest was taking up a bit of the length in the bodice). Alas this drss is no longer available but for you avid e-bayers this dress is called 'Glasshouse'


              
The wedding was in York (that's the race course behind me) York holds a special place in my heart since I went to Uni there had some of the best times in my life and met my partner (of 12 years now!). Anyhow back to the outfit, my matchy matchy instincts show no signs of letting up. The cardigan was also from Monsoon, I saw it in Hull then went to Oxford to buy it - but it had gone :-( so the lovely sales lady went upstairs in to the stock room to rummage for the last one (which was coincidentally in my size!) fate! The shoes and bag are from New look, my go to place for block colour wedding outfit shoes now. I know its very matchy and not at all edgy but I felt brilliant this dress is so pretty I even abandoned my cardigan in the evening and danced (swooshed!) all night.

Frock @ Monssoon
Cardi @ Monsson
Shoes @ New look
Bag @ New look

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! And if weddings aren't a time for matching, I don't know when is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress!! The colours are gorgeous! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab in this outfit. I love how well put together the whole thing is. Such great style xx
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice fashion dresses, pink color are look stunning.

    ReplyDelete