Pages

Monday 21 February 2011

Sewing Machine Alert! - Ruby Rocks

First of all hello to all you lovely followers both the ones who have been with me a while and the new ones too! I hope you are all well and enjoying the slightly longer days and promise of spring here in the UK.

I have been wanting to do this post for a while, alas things here have been very busy. 

Anyhow before I get to the point I just have to talk about plus London again. I really enjoyed reading everybody's takes on the day, It truly was a great evening - as my life's a bit up in the air at the moment it was great to just forget it all for the night and meet some truly nice ladies. The 'official' photos are fabulous, the second floor studio did a super job and although I'm no model It was great to have a bit of a play! Would love to don some 50's glamour and have another go! I would love to be sultry and sexy but doubt I could turn my perma-grin into blue steel!

Anyhow on to my post. I bought a Ruby Rocks dress from Evans a while back (don't panic I haven't been cutting up the feather one... that's perfect the way it is!), It's the ditzy print one I love the pattern but alas the cut was all wrong on me, the high neckline does nothing for my assets! and didn't sit right it lost shape a bit  (or maybe I'm just a tart and need a low cut!)

So I decided to get out the sewing machine and some bias binding and do a bit of DIY! As for fashion It might not be quite as edgy (sadly I lost a tiny bit of the shoulder detail) but I'm happy with the result, I think it suits me a little better, or at least I feel more comfortable and a tad less bulky on top!



These photos are not great, I look tired largely because I am at the moment! (although they were taken a couple of weeks apart - so its 'perma' tired)

I guess the last thing is apologies to Ruby, It's not that I don't love you,  it's just high necklines don't love me! I'm usually too lazy to get the sewing machine out but this print made me!

Anyhow I have been wanting to get out there and comment on lots of blogs about plus London and otherwise but haven't quite managed it! I will be out and about commenting away soon, its not that I'm a meanie, just a bit tired at present! 

Hope you are all well! 

6 comments:

  1. Omg, I love it darling! I wish I could use a sewing machine, I got banned at school using them for breaking too many needles ;( fabulous job though!

    xx

    triedandtested-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress fits just like a glove, great job. And glad you had a good time at London Bloggers meet, it looked great :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You talented (albeit a wee bit tarty!!) lovely!! I am in awe of your talents!! How cool of you to reinvent the dress!! You frocking rock in the dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, i absolutely love it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice alteration - makes for a whole new look, and you look stunning! Gorgeous. I wish I could sew like that. Greetings from Germany - Lola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah I can sew up an oversized sleeve but changing a neckline is a new dimension for me!

    ReplyDelete